- EVO Payments Inc. has entered into an agreement with Oracle that will allow EVO to enable Oracle’s enterprise payment services to EVO hotel and retail merchants. EVO will be able to offer its acquisition services to Oracle customers. EVO will also develop direct integration with the Oracle payment interface, which provides access to Oracle point-of-sale software products.
- Visa inc. announced that it will work with contactless payment device maker Tiptap to enable consumers to donate contactlessly to Salvation Army red kettles during the upcoming holiday season.
- Payment provider SpotOn Transact Inc. announced the acquisition of Dolce Software, a developer of work management technology for restaurants. The conditions were not announced.
- XTM inc., a payment service provider for the hospitality and personal care industries in Canada, said it was working with Bancorp bank of The Bancorp Inc. to support card issuance as part of the Extending XTM in the US market.
- Some 26% of U.S. consumers plan to spend more during the next holiday season than last year, up from 16% who said the same thing a year ago, according to survey data from Discover financial services and the research firm Dynata. The survey covered 2,000 American adults.
- The Federal Reserve Financial Services the unit launched the FedDetect Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service, aimed at alerting banks to the first deposit of potential duplicate US Treasury checks processed by Federal Reserve banks on the current day or within the previous 60 days. The service covers deposits on the mobile, ATM and cashier deposit channels.
- Money transfer service Paysend Group said it now has 5 million customers worldwide, up from 4 million in July.
- Vesta Corp. announced that PLDT Inc., considered the Philippines’ largest fully integrated telecommunications company, has adopted the US company’s anti-fraud technology for online transactions.
- The Australian Bank of Queensland plans to offer debit card services such as the ability to add cards to a digital wallet and pay using portable devices, after the wallet migrates to FirstVision by Fiserv Inc. Platform.
One of the most prominent examples of the so-called Internet of Things is the ability …