Fulham head coach Marco Silva has ruled out selling Fabio Carvalho before the transfer window closes on Monday.
The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has attracted interest from many clubs, including Liverpool, and has just six months left to fulfill his contract.
There had been a suggestion that Carvalho could leave this month, but Fulham appear unwilling to sell, and Silva reiterated that position at Friday’s press conference.
He said: “It is completely out of order for Fabio to leave the club in this window. We all have one goal, and that is to be successful at the end of the season.
“We started with (the team) together and we continue until the end. One or two players can leave, to play more, like what happened with Cyrus Christie. But the most important players in our team, the others who are behind them, they will be with us until the end of the season. Fabio is one of them.”
Silva said he has been trying to persuade Carvalho to renew his contract since his appointment last summer.
He added: “I know the last season at Fabio was not easy, maybe he had more expectations to play and be involved in the football matches with the first team.
“This season I realized the quality he has. We gave him a chance. He is performing very well. It is not a surprise to me that many clubs are interested in Fabio, follow him or are linked to him. Because we are talking about a young footballer with great talent. I have been trying to keep him from day one. I know that the situation is not easy for us. Unfortunately, he is in the last year of his contract. That’s how it is, that’s the reality.”
(Photo: Clive Rose/Getty Images)